October 2011 Web Tip
Working more efficiently is every person's number-one priority. All court reporters have their favorite shortcut keys within their specific CAT software. Keyboard shortcuts are combinations of two or more keys that, whenpressed, can be used to perform a task that would typically require a mouse or other pointing device. Keyboard shortcuts can make it easier to interact with your computer while saving time and effort.
Below is a list of my top ten shortcut keys to use on your computer and/or within Windows.
- Control + C - copy the selected item
- Control + V - paste the selected item
- Control + Z - undo the last action
- Control + Y - redo an action
- Control + X - cut the selected item
- Control + A - select all items in a document or window
- Control + right arrow - move cursor to beginning of next word
- Control + left arrow - move cursor to beginning of previous word
- Control + Esc - open Start menu
- Esc - cancel current task